- Life Science
- Solution Provision
- Knowledge Centre
- Clinic & Laboratory
Select your local website
Sentimag - Magseed in breast cancer
Sentimag / Magseed – Magnetic impalpable lesion localisation
- Next-generation lesion localisation
- Simpler. Faster. More precise.
- No wire. No radioactivity. Just magnetism.
- True convenience; for patients and clinicians
Due to improvements in screening and patient awareness, approximately 50% of breast lesions are impalpable at the time of diagnosis. The current gold standard to assist the surgeon in finding an impalpable lesion is a hookwire, or guidewire. These are usually placed on the morning of surgery. Wire-guided localisations (WGL) have been used since the 1960s and have several limitations, including migration of the wire, scheduling conflicts and patient dissatisfaction.
Magseed® has been specifically developed to overcome these issues. It promotes seamless operating room (OR) scheduling, accurate lesion localisation and patient satisfaction.
Our system consists of the Sentimag® probe and the Magseed® magnetic marker. First, the marker is placed under ultrasound or X-ray guidance up to 30 days before surgery. In the OR, the surgeon uses Sentimag® to precisely localise Magseed® and therefore the lesion.
Magseed – Benefits for all
- Organise the lesion localisation procedure to suit your needs
- Can be placed 30 days in advance – better for patients, better for the clinical workflow
- Greatly improved OR and radiology scheduling
- 360-degree sensing and distance calculation for the best oncoplastic approach
- Patient-centric approach: no radioactivity, reduced stress, minimal invasiveness
- Sentimag® and Magseed® are FDA-cleared and CE-marked for lesion localisation
Endomag®, Sentimag® and Magseed® are registered European Union trademarks of Endomagnetics Ltd <link http: www.endomag.com external-link-new-window external link in new>www.endomag.com
Magtrace® is a registered trademark of Endomagnetics Ltd in the United Kingdom <link http: www.endomag.com external-link-new-window external link in new>www.endomag.com
Regulatory documents, such as Instructions for Use, can be accessed with a valid My Sysmex login:Go to My Sysmex